8 Things you will NOT see on Citizen Request Tracker
The CivicPlus Citizen Request Tracker (CRT) is a module that allows citizens to report issues (potholes, road kill, streetlights not lit, etc.) to their city, county or government organization through their website, or through the nifty mobile app.
However, if you read the tabloids at supermarkets, there are a lot of weird things out there (And no, I'm not referring to Snooki or the Kardashians). Where would the truly weird things fall on the CRT radar? Let's get a little crazy.
- Bigfoot sightings: Would that be animal control (big and hairy) or would that be the Police Department (trespassing)?
- UFO landings: That might depend on where the extraterrestrials land. In a park, it's the Parks Department's problem. If they land on the street and burn the pavement, that would be the Street Department. If they land just long enough to drop off Bigfoot, then it goes back to Animal Control.
- Unicorns or other mythical beasts: Obviously, Animal Control and/or the muncipal zoo to make sure they have cage space available. Just don't put anything small in with Bigfoot; they could get stepped on.
- Black ops helicopters/Men in Black: Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.
- Ghosts in the old haunted mansion: Special call put out for Scooby-Doo and The Gang.
- Giant, radioactive moles: Definitely a toss-up between Parks Department and Animal Control. If they've dug up trees, give it to Parks.
- Sparkly vampires: The police. Tell them to send over Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.
- Elvis sightings: Just call Myrtle over at the impound lot. She's a huge Elvis fan. She'll take care of it.
That's the list- so far. What do YOU think are some weird, wacky or wonderful things that would never show up on the Citizen's Request Tracker? Put on your thinking caps, read a few "Far Side" cartoons and let us know in the comment box below!